Tuna Salad, Deli Style
photo by NcMysteryShopper
- Ready In:
2 cups (approx)
- 1 (7 ounce) can flaked solid white tuna
- 1 (7 ounce) can flaked light tuna
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (optional, use white part only)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- In a bowl combine all ingredients.
- Adjust salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
My husband who is enjoying it now says five stars. Thank you for a truly deli style tasting tuna salad recipe. I will make this again. I only wish it were better for my waistline so I could make it more often! Anyone know any mayo substitutes that really taste good? I tried this recipe with light miracle whip as well and it was not worth making. Thank you so much for a great recipe!
Duuude... As an Old-Bay loving Marylander. I highly recommend. I made this recipe (but left out the seasoning salt and Tobasco.. didn’t feel like it needed it) and spread it out over a small pan, covered in thin layer of white American cheese, put it in the oven, and made a tuna melt (I was out of bread). Pulled it out after about 15 min, sprinkled with Cayenne and ate with Saltines. Duuude.... Baking it really brings out the old bay. So good.
I love your recipes...always turn out and always a hit! I made this for our lunch and unexpected company and sent the recipe home with them. I used a little less mayonnaise and added some red onion (love onion) but otherwise followed the instructions. Served this with chips and a fruit bowl. Thank you again for a wonderful meal. Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook tag game.