Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 20 ounces frozen spinach
- 3⁄4 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- Tabasco sauce
- 6 firm beefsteak tomatoes, slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spinach according to package, drain. Combine spinach, stuffing, butter, onion, cheese, eggs, garlic, thyme, and Tabasco in a saucepan and mix well. Cook over low for 25 minutes, stirring. Remove form heat. Cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle both sides of the tomatoes with pepper, and salt. Lay in a single layer in baking dish. Make at 375 for 10 minutes. Put a pile of spinach mixture over each tomato. May sprinkle additional parmesan cheese over the top. Serve immediately.