Recipe by Julesong
This is really, REALLY easy to make when you're feeling under the weather and want homemade soup. You can make the broth as strong or weak as you like (sometimes when you're sick you just don't want it too strong) and the greens in it are ridiculously easy because they're from salad mix.
Top Review by Pot Scrubber
You are a genius. How can a few simple ingredients be so good? I used swanson chicken broth and added just a little bit of cubed tofu. I really liked the mixed greens-something I wouldn't have ever thought of. I wasn't sick when I made it but I was sick after eating three bowls! I LOVE THIS SOUP!
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup angel hair pasta, in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup packed mixed salad green, of baby spinach,arugula,and grated carrot (or other salad mix you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, bouillon, garlic, and pasta pieces.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add greens and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes or until greens are to the texture you like.
- Serve to the sickie and try to get them to eat as much as they can.
- Makes about 2 servings.