Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is really, REALLY easy to make when you're feeling under the weather and want homemade soup. You can make the broth as strong or weak as you like (sometimes when you're sick you just don't want it too strong) and the greens in it are ridiculously easy because they're from salad mix.
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup angel hair pasta, in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup packed mixed salad green, of baby spinach,arugula,and grated carrot (or other salad mix you like)
- Combine the water, bouillon, garlic, and pasta pieces.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add greens and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes or until greens are to the texture you like.
- Serve to the sickie and try to get them to eat as much as they can.
- Makes about 2 servings.
You are a genius. How can a few simple ingredients be so good? I used swanson chicken broth and added just a little bit of cubed tofu. I really liked the mixed greens-something I wouldn't have ever thought of. I wasn't sick when I made it but I was sick after eating three bowls! I LOVE THIS SOUP!
A 10 minute meal that pleases. I used chicken broth, garlic scapes and arugula. I also skipped the pasta and it was still satisfying. Next time I will chop the greens for an easier consumption. Thank you for sharing this healthy, easy and tasty recipe.
Made this with what I had on hand for DH who is home and sickie today. I doubled it using two boxes of low sodium/organic chicken broth and I used 7 cloves of garlic. I used "No Yolk noodles" (half of a 12 oz bag) which I broke up into smaller pieces and about half a bag of fresh spinach which I gave a rough chop. I threw in a teaspoon of Thyme.This is a great soup as is and it also has endless possibilties. I can't wait to try this with the tofu that pot scrubber suggested. Thanks for this healthy keeper!