Recipe by puppitypup
Made with old-fashioned oats and just a hint of sweetness. Delicious and healthy, it reheats well in the microwave for a quick weekday breakfast. Inspired by Jenny's Baked Oatmeal.
Top Review by SuzTheQ
Great recipe! My experience with baked oatmeal in the past is that it is usually kinda dry. I wanted to avoid that with this recipe, so I made it as written except I used pecans (it was what I had) and added a peeled, grated apple, which provided some extra moisture and put it over the top. Yummy- will definitely make this again. Great make-ahead breakfast to take to work. Thanks puppitypup!
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt (less if table salt)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten