Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken breasts topped with an apple juice glaze and sauteed onions.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup 100% apple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- apple, slices (optional)
- fresh thyme leave (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
- Dust with flour.
- Melt butter in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook on one side until golden brown.
- Turn chicken over and push to side of skillet, stirring in onion, apple juice and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on serving platter.
- Increase heat to high, cook onion, stirring frequently, for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned and juice has reduced.
- Serve over chicken.
- Garnish with apple slices and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
My husband loves chicken and he saw me eating an apple one day so decided he wanted this for dinner. He liked this.