Recipe by Ceezie
This recipe came from my friend Judy. She gave me a taste and I knew I needed the recipe. It was pretty tasty if you like sweet relish.
- 10 cups coarsely chopped zucchini, Do not peel the zucchini
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups vinegar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the chopped zucchini, chopped onion and salt together. Let the mixture stand overnight. Transfer to a colander to drain. Rinse under cold water. Squeeze out the excess water and place the mixture in a large stock pot.
- Stir in the vinegar, celery seed, black pepper, nutmeg, turmeric, cornstarch, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a very low boil, reduce heat and cook gently for 30 minutes. Add the chopped celery and chopped bell pepper. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Spoon the relish mixture into pint jars and process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes. This recipe yields 7-1/2 pints of relish.