Top Review by Sydney Mike
This was a brand new kind of dish for us, & we loved it with the citrus-sauce pork chops that I served with it! I always like trying new things, & this one fit right in there! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
- 2 cups water
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup organic yellow polenta (can substitute plain cornmeal)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese (can substitute cream cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly season 2 cups water with salt and bring to a boil. Quickly whisk in the polenta until it has been fully incorporated. Reduce the heat to a low simmer. Add the butter and allow the polenta to cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in the mascarpone and season to taste with salt.
- This may be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave just before serving.
- Assembly: Reheat the three components of the dish separately.
- On each of 6 large plates, place a couple of spoonfuls of polenta in the center of the plate.
- Carefully remove the bones from the hot ribs and place the beef short ribs over the bed of polenta.
- In a pan over medium heat, bring the reserved braising liquid to a simmer. Once the sauce is hot, check for seasoning and, if needed, add a touch of salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce around the beef short ribs and polenta. Carefully place the root vegetable ragout on the beef. Serve and enjoy!