Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A copycat version of my favorite sub from the franchise
Make and share this Jimmy Johns # 8 Billy Club recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces roast beef, deli shaved
- 2 ounces ham, smoked, deli saved
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp.dijon mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lettuce, shredded
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 1 hoagie roll, approximately 9 inches long (Jimmy John's uses their own version of french bread, not quite a baguette, that would be too hard )
- . Slice The Roll, put mustard on one side, the mayo on the other. layer the cheese, then the meat some on each side, then pile on the the lettuce and sliced tomato. Onions, thinly sliced cucumber, sprouts, vinegar and oil or oregano are optional.
This recipe is spot on! This is the exact way that JJ's makes them. I know they make their own rolls, but Walmart has great french rolls in their bakery section that are just fine by me! My hubby, DD, DS and I had these for lunch. Mine look no-where near as pretty as JJ's commercials, but tasted delicious! I'm not sure of the exact ounces used on the sandwiches, so just 'eye-ball' it. Be sure to use the Dijon and mayo, and make sure to use the deli shaved meats and thinly slice the veggies. I omitted tomatoes and added sliced onion to mine (personal preference). This is a 'must try at home' for anyone that is a JJ's fan (it is much cheaper, and very easy to make). Thanks for posting the info. (Made for New Kids tag game)