Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from the Jim 'N Nicks BBQ chain located in the Southeast as well as Colorado. Not regularly available at the restaurant, it is offered during their Taco Tuesday special on one of the featured tacos.
Top Review by A. B.
I'm not sure what Typhoon Jackson is talking about here. While I have seen other recipes for Alabama White Sauce that use the ratios he mentions, this one looks pretty reasonable. It's basically a 3:1 ratio, much like a salad dressing. I think this recipe makes more sense, if you ever had the actual "Morgan County" sauce served at Jim 'n Nick's BBQ.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons black pepper (black pepper is what really sets the sauce)
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper (hot, how we like it in Bama!)
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey (also a good thermostat if you get it to hot)
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder