Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I am publishing a series of recipes that use items from your pantry. These recipes are good for emergency survival, camping, job loss and other situations where surviving off staples may be needed. Most of these are also good as a quick dinner when you dont feel like cooking. Since these recipes require canned or packaged goods they may not be as good as if you use fresh - but feel free to substitute fresh for packaged.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, reserve juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can water (and artichoke juice)
- Chop artichoke, into soup size pieces.
- Add to soup and water and bring just to a boil.
- Serve immediately. This is good topped with cheese.
This was a quick and enjoyable lunch. I used reduced fat cream of mushroom soup and garnished with a few shavings of cheddar cheese. The next time I might try using some seasoning. Perhaps some garlic powder and black pepper. I made this for Zaar Tag.