Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that sounded so good - haven't tried it yet.
- 1 lb fresh green beans (cut into 3-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule (not cube!)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- salt and pepper
- Steam or boil green beans for 4-5 minutes until crisp-tender.
- In medium skillet over medium heat melt butter, add garlic, and saute for 3 minutes or until tender and fragant.
- Add green beans, stir well to coat with the butter/garlic mixture, sprinkle chicken bouillon over beans and stir to mix, then saute another 5 minutes to desired doneness.
- Turn heat up to medium high, then pour in the wine and let it sizzle and evaporate most of the alcohol. Lower heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and stir thoroughly. Serve immediately!
- NOTES : These have become a regular addition to our table! Frozen green beans work OK, garden fresh is much better! Enjoy.
This was a good and easy side dish. I followed the recipe other then I didn't have white wine or sherry so I used chicken broth. We enjoyed these green beans.