Garlicky Green Beans
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 head garlic (peeled, then thinly slice all the cloves)
- 1 lb fresh steamed green beans (pat steamed beans dry using a paper towel)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1/4 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- In a skillet melted the butter with oil over medium heat.
- Add in the sliced garlic and crushed chili flakes; cook stirring for about 4 minutes or just until the garlic is just lightly browned (do not burn the garlic).
- Add in steamed beans and toss until heated through.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove to a bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We LOVED it! DH who usually does not touch beans said "this is not bad", so that gives it 5* all the way! I cut the recipe in half to serve two since it would be too hot and garlicky for DD. I used a mixture of green beans and wax beans and was generous with the crushed red pepper flakes. Loved the garlic slices. I just sprinkled a few shavings of parmesan cheese since I am not into cheese but it tastes great without so next time I will do without the cheese. Thank you, Kittencal, for sharing another one of your wonderful recipes, I definitely will be making it again. :)
I am rating this as an adult, giving it 5 stars. The younger set hated it though, giving in 0 stars. They like my "kid friendly green beans", not posted at this time. They didn't like the slices of garlic...but the adults did! I loved it. I didn't add as much crushed pepper as I would like, because I was trying to please everyone at the table. But since the younger group didn't like it, next time I will add more crushed pepper and just enjoy this as an adult! I loved the garlic...be sure to use the amount specified so you get a piece in every bite. Made for My 3 Chefs and Newest Zaar tag! Loved it!