Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 lbs standing rib roast
- Mix together the onion, jalapeno, spices, oil, and soy sauce. Place the rib roast in a roasting pan , ribs down.
- Spread the onion and spice mixture across the layer of fat on the roast and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees .
- Roast beef in the center of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Decrease temperature to 350 degrees and continue roasting for 1 to 1 1/4 hours longer until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 135 degrees for medium rare. Let sit 20 minutes before slicing.
Excellent! First made this shortly after returning from a Jamaican hoilday, and craving yummy jerk flavour. We were a little concerned that it would be too much, but it turned out very flavourful. We have made it again since, leaving it to sit a bit longer, and it was even better.
This was very good, I love Jerk Chicken and never thought if doing a Jerk Prime Rib, YUMMY!