Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got the base for this recipe from Mr. Breakfast.com, but made so many changes, to make it unique to me. This is a great recipe for the low-carb dieter.
- 2⁄3 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, sliced in rounds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil about 3 minutes. Place as bottom layer in pie plate.
- Layer with spinach then tomato rounds.
- Sprinkle with the 3 cheeses and pepper flake and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, half & half, milk and flour together in a bowl, pour over cheeses in dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for about 25-30 minutes or until just set.