Recipe by box.jennifer
This is my take on my dad's chili recipe. He calls his "Dad's Set Your Face on Fire Chili", but I tone mine down, since I don't like it quite as spicy. This is still very tasty with a bit of a kick though!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) canmild chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned spicy chili with beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) bottlepace medium thick & chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (a very hoppy beer, such as an India Pale Ale is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook the ground beef and pork. Drain and discard the fat.
- 2. Add precooked meat to a large pot with all the other ingredients.
- 3. Cook on Low heat for at least an hour. A longer cook time is better. Stir frequently so it doesn't burn!
- 4. Serve with cheese and tortilla chips or crackers.
- Note: This can also be cooked in the crock pot. Less chance of burning it. It also freezes well!