A request for condensed milk recipes made me wonder if this was on here. I can't find it, so I'm posting it. It's a real old Aussie (and probably New Zealand) favourite, and is easy to make. I love it.
- Combine crushed biscuits and butter mixing well; press into greased 30cm X 23cm (12" X 9") pan and refrigerate.
- Combine condensed milk, lemon juice and gelatin mix.
- Mix well and pour over prepared base; refrigerate 2 hours.
- Mix jelly powder and boiling water together, then add cold water.
- Refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg white, pour over lemon layer.
- Refrigerate, then cut into squares when set.
- *I prefer a red jelly for this, but any flavour would be OK.
I made this last night to go with our dinner. It is a good jello dessert that we all like very much. I used peach jello and while it isn't very colorful, the taste of great. I served this with a fresh peach slice on top. Thank you for sharing.
This is one of those sweets that reminds you of when you were a kid. love it! Just personally i don't like mine too lemon-y so i just cut it down to 1 larger lemon.
This turned out great for me and reminded me of being a kid again! I had to add a little more buter to the base as i don't have a food processor to get the biscuits really crumby, but apart from that it was perfect, just like my mum used to make it! Thanks