1/2 Photos of Jelly Bean Biscotti
These biscotti are ideal for Easter. They are full of sweet colored polka dots. Choose red and green jelly beans for Christmas or black and orange for Halloween but you'll enjoy them any time of the year. This is very typical of California adaptations *wink*.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2In a medium bowl add the butter and sugar and cream them together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- 3Add 1 egg and beat to incorporate, add 2nd egg and incorporate then add 3rd egg and incorporate (4th egg is used later).
- 4Beat in the vanilla then add the baking powder, salt and flour, beating on low speed until fully incorporated - you do not want to mix too long.
- 5Notice that the dough is very soft and sticky.
- 6Stir in the jelly beans.
- 7Using a spatula, scrape the dough out of the bowl onto a floured surface.
- 8Put flour on your hands and sprinkle flour on top of the dough.
- 9Then cut the dough in half. Next take one half and roll lightly back and forth making a thick rope - pick it up and place it on a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- 10Don't be worried if the dough is so soft it bends when you pick it up. Once you place it on the parchment paper you can shape it a little more.
- 11Do the same with the second half.
- 12Flatten them out on top a little with your palm.
- 13Next beat one egg in a bowl and using a brush - brush them all over to coat them evenly.
- 14Then place in your preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until they are slightly golden brown.
- 15When done remove them from the oven.
- 16Let them cool for about 10-20 minutes or until they are cool enough for you to handle.
- 17Place them on a breadboard and slice them crosswise on the diagonal into about 3/4 inch slices.
- 18Put them back on the cookie sheet and bake for another 10-12 minutes until the edges are turning slightly brown.
- 19Remove from the oven and transfer to wire rack to cool (dust with powdered sugar if desired) -- ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jelly Bean Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.1
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 98.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g