Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A taste from my childhood. My mom used to make this, no recipe available. I played with it until I got it to taste right. A light, good for you dish, is great for dessert especially in the summer.
- 1 (24 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free jello (I prefer lime and orange but any flavor will do)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Mix cottage cheese and dry jello mix until cottage cheese is thoroughly colored by jello.
- Add pineapple and mix well.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
This is really good. I made as is the first time this time I experamented a little Shook in some ginger and because that made it need some sweetening I added agava syrup. wanted to use large pinapple for hawaiian chicken so used small 8 ounce can drained - No matter what I do I blended cottage cheese and jello after mixed in blender Yummy
I have had this before but never made it myself. Thank you for the wonderful recipe. I followed the recipe and it was awesome. I will be making this again since ai have the recipe now. Made for Fall PAC.
This is a pretty good when you want a low-calorie sweet treat. I used fat-free Cool Whip, fat-free cottage cheese and added a small container of fat-free yogurt and put it in the blender until it was smooth and creamy. I put half of the mixture in the fridge and other half in the freezer for a frozen treat. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!