Lemon Jello Fluff Pie
This is a cool, smooth-textured, easy to prepare, refrigerator dessert. It's especially refreshing on a warm day, but my family likes it in the winter as well.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 50mins
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water, plus
- 2 tablespoons cold water (from tap w ice cube)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon sufficient)
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (see my recipe for this)
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- In a cup of boiling water, add gelatin and sugar. Stir for 2 minute or until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in cold water and lemon juice. Chill for about 30 min., or until the mixture is the consistency of unbeaten eggwhites.
- Fold in yogurt, whipped topping, lemon rind (if desired) and lemon zest (if desired) into gelatin mixture, then spoon into pie crust. Chill at least 3 hours.
- Alternatatively the mixture can be spooned into 12 single serve graham cracker crusts (these can easily be packed in lunches).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION