Lemon Fluff Pie
Yummy, easy pie..nice lemon flavor, smooth texture. This comes from a Pillsbury cookbook I have had for a few years. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell (homemade or pre made; either works fine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks, sligtly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of (originally called for 1)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Bake your pie shell until golden brown; cool completely.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in water, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Boil one minute, still stirring.
- Remove from heat; add cream cheese and lemon peel, stirring well until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth; cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form; fold in lemon mixture.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell;cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with extra whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I started the day wanting to make lemon meringue pie, but after a series of "accidents" remembered that I had this in my cookbook and all the ingredients, so made this instead. Despite messing this up, forgot to soften the cream cheese so had little bits that looked like cottage cheese. Forgot the egg yolks, so added it later than called for. And still this turned out wonderfully delicious! Topped it with whipped cream. Thank you for saving my day! My SIL said this was her kind of dessert!! Next time I promise to do this correctly. LOL.