1/8 Photos of Jello Cake
8 hrs 40 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
This is the moistest cake you will ever eat. I love it with strawberry jello and garnished with fresh strawberries. The Cool Whip makes such a pretty pure white and creamy frosting. It was my mom's favorite birthday cake. Prep time is also chill time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup butter (or as called for by your cake mix) or 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) box any flavor Jello gelatin
- Cool Whip (for frosting)
- fruit (to match the jello flavor) (optional)
- 1Prepare cake according to package instructions.
- 2Allow to cool completely in pans.
- 3Using a fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake through to the bottom.
- 4Prepare jello according to package instructions except do not allow it to set yet.
- 5Pour jello slowly over the entire surface of the cooled cakes (cake will look soggy, but thats ok).
- 6Chill cakes until jello sets completely (several hours or over night).
- 7To remove cakes from pans, set the pan in a dish of hot water for 1 minute.
- 8Remove to a serving platter.
- 9Frost with the Cool Whip.
- 10Garnish with fruit pieces.
- 11Keep any uneaten cake covered and chilled.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jello Cake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 380.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g