Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm always trying new salads and when I like them I like to share them. This would look really good at Christmas or any barbecue.
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped celery or 1 cup green pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup peas (frozen cook in microwave 2 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 6 chopped maraschino cherries
- Soak the gelatin in the cold water for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve in the boiling water.
- Add the sugar, salt, vinegar, lemon juice cool.
- When the mixture begins to set, add the chopped vegetables and cherries.
- Pour into oiled mould and chill.