- 1⁄4 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small dutch oven.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute until transluscent.
- Add rice and stir over low heat until covered with butter.
- Stir in stock, add parsley, bay leaf, thyme, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake 17 minutes at 400°F.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter after removing from oven.