Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I made this recipe myself. It is easy and so tender.
- 1⁄3 cup liquid smoke flavoring (I used hickory)
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (your choice of style)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- Mix all dry spices together.
- Rub brisket with liquid smoke on both sides.
- Rub dry spice mix on both sides of brisket (a lot).
- Mix Worcestershire and barbecue sauces together along with the remainder spices, if any. Pour over meat and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 215°F.
- Wrap meat in foil and cook for 8-10 hours.
- Last but not least -- cut and enjoy.
- p.s. Save me some ha ha ha ha ha