1 hr 10 mins
This is a great recipe from Kylie Kwong, a Chinese chef from Australia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- 2Halve eggplants lengthways, leaving stems intact.
- 3Place eggplants in a single layer, cut-side up, in a lightly oiled roasting tin.
- 4Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic, thyme sprigs and salt, and cover tin with foil.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes, or until eggplants are tender.
- 6Remove from oven and increase temperature to 200 C (400 F).
- 7Drizzle eggplants with half the extra oil and bake, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 8Arrange eggplants on a platter and top with tomatoes.
- 9Drizzle with remaining oil and lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Eggplants With Garlic, Olive Oil and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 489.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: