Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty egg drop soup. Nice for a first course.
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups dashi
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons shoyu or 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas (5 oz)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Bring the stock to a boil with the salt & soy sauce.
- Add all peas and cook until tender, but still bright green & crisp (1 minute).
- Stir soup clockwise; add the eggs, then stir soup counterclockwise.
- Serve as soon as the eggs have set.
This was good. A very quick and easy recipe with nice flavour. I added diced ham and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. It turned out well. Thanks for posting!