Japanese Egg Custard Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is an Atkins recipe that I found in a friends cookbook and am saving for future reference.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup diced shrimp
- 3 water chestnuts, diced
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups beef broth
- 12 leaves spinach
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine shrimp, water chestnuts, mushrooms, and scallions.
- Divide evenly in 6 oven-safe custard cups.
- Whisk eggs, salt, sherry and broth.
- Divide broth mixture evenly between the cups.
- Cover the broth in each custard cup with two leaves spinach.
- Fill a large baking pan with 2-3 inches of boiling water.
- Place the custard cups in the pan and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Loving shrimp, water chestnuts and mushrooms along with the green onions made this a recipe I just had to try! Happy I did - it's a wonderfully different soup that will see to repeats. Made this with me in mind and just made half the recipe - there will be no more halving this one! Served with freshly baked bread made for a perfect lunch. Thank you Pixi for another of your great tasting recipes. Made for My-3-Chefs.Reply