Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Great Japanese Salad to go with any Japanese, Thai or Chinese meal!
Top Review by kittycatmom
I love Cucumber Salad! This was great! I used 1 long seedless English Cucumber, and used my my handy mandolin slicer to get very thin slices. I also used a splash of Mirin, because that's the way my Mom always makes these, also grated toasted sesame seeds on top. Delicious! I will use this recipe often! Made for 1.2.3 Hits
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, and seeded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gingerroot, grated fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cucumbers into thin slices. Place in a bowl, and sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 mins, or until cucumbers are softened.
- Drain, and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and ginger in serving bowl.
- Add cucumbers, and mix well.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.