Recipe by diner524
I received this recipe from my friend Karen, when I lived in California. These are good served hot or cold. They are so tasty.
Top Review by meekeh
I made this last night and it came it DELICIOUS!!! It was my first attempt at making this and I was surprise how simple it was to make. However, I noticed that the recipe suggested 1lb of chicken, I think the sauce could've easily accommodate 2lbs of chicken wings.
I altered the recipe a bit. I used Low-Sodium Soy Sauce instead of regular, and used 3/4 of a cup instead of the suggested 1 cup of soy-sauce. Next time I'll reduce it to 1/2 cup of soy sauce for 1lb...unless I'm making 2lbs of chicken wings then I'll use 3/4 of a cup.
Remember after you bring the sauce to a boil and turn it to a low boil, continue to simmer the chicken in the sauce in the low boiling heat for an hour and the sauce will thicken nicely =p.
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse off chicken.
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken, and bring to a boil. Leave on a low boil for 15 minutes.
- Add in chicken drummettes. Let boil for one hour or more until it all thickens and becomes sticky.
- Then let it stand for about ten minutes and then refrigerate.
- Can serve warm or cold(I have had them both ways and either way is good).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds once arranged on platter and garnish with parsley.