Recipe by JustJanS
A sinfully good potato dish!
Top Review by Bergy
Just came across this recipe for Jansson"s temptation - I love it and have made it a few times (not from your recipe but my own which is almost identical) You are right when you said "sinful" but OH so good. The reason for this post is to suggest to try to get Swedish anchovies as they are cured in a slightly different manner and this recipe is fantastic using them - It is also excellent using regular Jan S Love your recipes
- 15 anchovy fillets (soaked in milk to reduce their saltiness if you like)
- 90 g butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 5 potatoes, cut into matchsticks
- 500 ml cream (you could use a light cream if it made you feel better!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt half the butter in a pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes, or'til golden.
- Chop the remaining butter into small cubes.
- Spread half the potato over the base of a shallow oven-proof dish.
- Top with the anchovies and onion then the remaining potatoes.
- Pour half the cream over and then scatter with the butter cubes.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a hot oven until golden.
- Pour over the remaining cream and cook another 40 minutes or until the potato is tender.