Recipe by donna in niagara falls
This is a recipe I got from a Menonite church cookbook. Its easy to prepare and feels like a real comfort food. It makes a nice gravy so its's great with mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Auntie Jan
DH says to tell you THANKS for such a tasty meal!!! This was very good and it made us drool cause it smelled so good cooking. I didn't add green pepper as neither one of us like green pepper. I made this with 2 HUGE pork steaks and they were falling apart tender. Thank you for such a wonderful meal.This is a winner for sure Donna!
- 4 -6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom (I sometimes use a can of mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup (Campbell's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork chops. Remove from frying pan and place in greased roasting pan or casserole dish.Saute in butter the chopped vegetables and garlic. Place 1 or 2 tablespoons of sauted vegetables on each pork chop. Pour 1 can Golden Mushroom Soup, undiluted, over whole mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.