Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Jamie Deen's recipe From Paula's Home Cooking on the Food Network
- 1 lb mixed ground beef or 1 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream or chopped green onion, for garnish
- In a skillet brown ground beef and sausage, drain and set aside.
- Spray large pot with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion, green pepper, and celery and saute briefly.
- Stir in the diced and whole tomatoes.
- Add cumin and chili powder, to taste, and cook for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans, browned meat, and chili seasoning.
- Partially cover, and let simmer for 4 hours.
- Serve with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
This is the only way I make chili, it is easy and sooooo tasty. I love the different beans in it.
Love this one. Easy and yummy. It's my new chili recipe.
yummy! was a little thick~so I added a bottle of Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer!