Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've had this recipe for probably 20 years. We always let the kids pick dinner for their birthdays and all 5 of them pick this every year. I got this recipe out of one of James Beard's cookbooks and it is fantastic. Time does not reflect freezing time for the butter.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Combine butter, garlic, chives, parsley, salt, rosemary, and pepper. Blend well. Roll into a 3/4-inch diameter log in waxed paper. Freeze until very hard.
- Blend egg and water. Pound each breast to 1/4-inch thick. Cut butter into 4 pieces. Place a piece of the butter in the chicken. Roll the chicken around the butter and skewer with toothpicks to keep closed.
- Dip chicken in flour, egg mixture and then in flour.
- Fry about 15 minutes in the hot vegetable oil. Turn occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
Was in the mood to try something new and this was Easy-Peazy and yummy! The gang loved it! It's a keeper...
Much Better than the frozen kiev's an super easy too, made exactly as listed A+ Recipe
This was exceptional and DH loved it! Served it with Recipe Seasoned Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix- Uncle Ben's Style and they went very well together! Made in support of LazyMe in this difficult time for her. Jelly