Baked Chicken Kiev
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
For Herbed Butter
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon frsh ginger, minced
- salt and pepper
For Breadcrumb Mix
- 3⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- For herbed butter combine, place on wax paper and freeze 30 min or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 425* F.
- One at a time cover chicken breasts with wax paper or plastic wrap and flatten with a meat tenderizer until about 1/4” thick.
- Set aside.
- When herbed butter is frozen, cut into four pieces and place it in the center of each chicken breast.
- Then fold long sides over butter, fold ends up and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Dip chicken pieces into olive oil then coat evenly with breadcrumb mix.
- Place chicken pieces in a prepared 9”x9” pan seam side down.
- Bake uncovered about 35 minutes until juices run clear.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I like Chef flower left out the old bay seasoning for dietary reasons (I do have it in my pantry due to recipe swap) but we really didn't like the butter mix and found it very salty. Also I am a bit of lazy cook and I just cut a pocket in the chicken breast and stuffed the butter in and crumbed as per recipe (though did not have Italian seasoning and used Tuscan) and baked (the chicken was on a baking paper lined tray and sprayed with canola oil) at 175C for 45 minutes and the end result was moist and crispy chicken, thank you Heather E, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.Reply