Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is unlike any other chili recipe I've had... It's been in our family longer than I've been around, but not sure of the origination. It's got unsweetened chocolate, wine, and olives in it-what could be better??!!
- 3 lbs cubed beef
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup white wine (use one you'd enjoy drinking- I use sherry)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 11 -20 black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- -Saute onions & garlic in the butter & oil (use a heavy dutch oven if you've got it, otherwise you can transfer to a casserole after stovetop dirctions --
- -Mix flour, Salt & Pepper in a bowl. Dredge meat in seasoned flour and add to onions. Turn meat occsionally until browned evenly.
- -Add rest of ingredients up to (including) wine and bring to a boil.
- Bake at 300 for 1 1/2 hours.
- -Add remaining ingredients and continue baking another 1/2 hour.
- Serve with rice and steamed broccoli.