Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this while looking for ZWT3 recipes. These are extremely spicy. You may want to adjust the amout of peppers or hot sauce to your own liking if you are not into extreme heat. I think this is goes well with my Simple Papaya Salsa.
- 12 scotch bonnet peppers or 2 (5 ounce) bottles hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb scallion
- 2 lbs shrimp
- garlic (to taste)
- thyme (to taste)
- oil (for frying)
- Place shrimp in bowl, and add scotch bonnet peppers or bottled pepper sauce, chopped scallion, thyme and garlic.
- Mix all seasonings into shrimp and allow to marinate in refrigerator over night or 6 - 8 hours.
- To cook, place oil in frying pan and allow oil to get hot.
- Add shrimp and cook just until tender.
- Remove from heat and peel the shrimp.