Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe source: Redbook
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, minced
- 1 bunch scallion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except for chicken, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add chicken and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour (up to 24 hours). Bring to room temperature.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Grill chicken, until chicken is done (5-10 minutes per side).
This is a wonderful recipe ellie. We love jerk chicken and this one is perfect. Great flavors, hot and spicy but not overpowering. Perfect served with spicy rice and peas....yumm so good. Made exactly as written, marinated the chicken for 24 hours, so glad I did. We have too much snow to barbeque, so I baked it in a 450 degree oven for 35 minutes, turning often. The chicken was perfectly cooked. Thanks for sharing your recipe, which we will make again. Made for please review my recipe tag game.
Delicious grilled chicken. I love recipes that you can prep in the morning and then just throw on the grill at meal time. I let my chicken marinate for about 4-6 hours and the flavor was definitely infused into the grilled chicken. I'm tucking this recipe into my best-of-the-best file for its ease and flavor! I served the chicken in slices. Some of us put it over a salad. Made for the Soup-A-Stars during the Family Picks ZWT9