Recipe by Mrs. Flick
Sounds like this could be the real deal. Haven't tried this one yet, but I will soon, let me know if anyone likes this recipe!
- 6 spring onions
- 1 large mango, ripe
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg, grated
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar (white distilled)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 lbs chicken pieces (use your favorite chicken pieces, thigh and legs work best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ingredients for the jerk seasoning into a blender and blend to a thick paste.
- Pour marinate into a shallow baking dish or sealable plastic bag. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate in jerk seasoning for between 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove chicken from jerk marinade and pour marinade into a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Place chicken on grill cooking approximately 7 to 10 minutes per side (or until done), basting periodically with remaining jerk marinade.