1/1 Photo of Jamaican (cornmeal) Porridge
one of my favorite dishes when in jamaica. and this from someone who doesn't normally like hot cereals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring salted water to a boil.
- 2Combine cornmeal and flour together in a bowl.
- 3Add milk slowly to make a smooth paste.
- 4Stir cornmeal paste into boiling salted water.
- 5Cover and cook on slow heat for 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, cover and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- 7Sweeten with condensed milk.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican (cornmeal) Porridge
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 350.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g