Found this Caribbean twist to a great winter time dish! This can also be prepared with out the meat or using ground turkey. My family loves it! Also brought it to work and they raved!
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 591.47 ml chopped red peppers (or both) or 591.47 ml yellow peppers (or both)
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml paprika (hot if possible)
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans, drained
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- Brown ground beef over medium high heat in a large, deep frying pan.
- Drain off fat and set aside.
- Coat a large dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium high heat.
- When pan is hot add the olive oil and cook the onion and garlic until the onion is tender, then add the peppers and cook until tender.
- Season with the cumin, paprika, chili powder, sugar, salt and cloves.
- Stir in the canned diced tomatoes, and the drained cans of beans.
- Add water to cover all.
- Bring to a boil and then stir in the meat and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar.
- May serve with chopped fresh cilantro as decorative topping.