Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I prefer to use my homemade jams when making these bars. Our favorite jams are strawberry and blackberry.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup jam
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Remove dough from wrapper; let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Press dough into prepared pan evenly. Spread jam over dough, set aside.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in medium bowl, cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle flour mixture over jam layer. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top and edges are lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
When my sweet tooth _acts up_ I look for quick, easy and tasty treats. These bars certainly fit those qualifications. I made half with sugar free blackberry jam and the other half with blueberry. Now, I'm not swearing I only used 1/4 cup of each - I went for good crust coverage, you know. ;-) They baked up nicely browned in 23 minutes and are safely hidden from everyone else. I have a roll of ginger cookie dough on tap to be the crust for orange marmalade bars when I finish this stash! Thanks for sharing your great recipe!