Recipe by Sara Jane
I made this while ago for a school project and it really went over well. It's not hard to make and it's great for breakfast, snacks, or anytime at all!
Top Review by acidpops
We had a lot of problems baking these muffins and we wasted so much of our time and it turned out to be terrible!!!! You need a LOT more sugar for these muffins. I would not recommend this recipe to ANYONE! We're feeling very angry! All of the measurements are wrong AND no shortening is required. It ruined the whole thing!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 jar of any flavored jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and milk.
- Beat until blended.
- Stir in flour, backing powder, and salt.
- Fill 12 muffin cups 1/2 full of batter.
- Top with 1 t of jam.
- Spoon remaining batter over top of jam.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of muffins.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes of until golden.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.