Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- In a bowl combine the cornmeal,flour,sugar,baking powder and salt.
- Combine the egg,milk,onion and jalapeno pepper,stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Heat oif for deep frying to 375 degrees.
- Drop batter by tablespoons into oil.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown,turning occasionally.
- Drain on paper towels.