Recipe by gailanng
Something to do with those Easter eggs or make a batch fresh.
Top Review by samg69301
The perfectly updated egg salad! It adds the perfect crunch without resorting to the typical celery or asparagus remedies. I had oddly large jalape?os, so 1 fresh jalape?o to a dozen eggs was more than enough spice. I substituted dill for cilantro (what was available) and 1 tbl whole grain mustard plus 1 tbl dijon mustard for the yellow mustard. The best egg salad I've ever had!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 pickled jalapeno peppers or 1 fresh jalapeno, seeds and stems removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped, green part only
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- bread or tortilla chips, for serving