Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Spicy jalapeno and veggie rollups. These have a kick and are quite addicting. The ranch dressing gives them a nice base and the jalapenos some kick. The carrot some crunch and the olives some saltiness. These are pretty simple to make once you get the rolling technique down.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 (1 ounce) packages hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
- The cream cheese should be softened. If it is not put it in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir after a minute and microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Add the ranch dressing mix and stir.
- Drain the olives and jalapenos.
- Chop the carrots, jalapeno and olives using a food processor or knife until they are finely diced.
- Add to the cream cheese mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Trim the rounded edges off the tortillas making them square.
- Lay some plastic wrap on the counter and place the tortilla on it.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the tortilla to an even thickness. It should be about 1/8 of an inch or so. Roll the tortilla up and wrap it in the plastic wrap.
- Gently squeeze the tortilla to even out the distribution of the cream cheese.
- Continue until all the mixture is used.
- Put the rolled up tortillas in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve remove the plastic and slice the rollups into 1/2 inch rolls. Serve with Salsa.