Creamy Crawfish Pasta
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, minced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb louisiana crawfish tails with fat
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces jalapeno cream cheese
- creole seasoning or cajun seasoning, spice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for garnishing)
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked to package directions (al dente)
- Add butter to a Dutch oven, preferably cast iron, set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, green pepper and celery. Cook until onion is opaque.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add crawfish and cook until heated through.
- Add cream and jalapeno cream cheese and cook until heated through and cream cheese is melted. Add your favorite Cajun seasoning, to taste. Stir in the parmesan to incorporate.
- Add prepared pasta and heat through. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Garnish with additional parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!