Recipe by Miss Annie
Pretty tasty if you like jalapenos! I like to make this dish for picnics or potluck dinners and serve cold or room temperature. The cook time listed depends on how much chicken you have and how hot your oil is. I put 30 minutes because that is about how long it takes me.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This is defenitley one of my more favorite dishes here on Zaar. I used chicken breast cut into strips and marinated it for about 4 hours. I then dipped the chicken in the ritz cracker crumbs, and baked it (so it wouldnt be too fattening) at 375 for 25 minutes. I also added the jalapenos on top of the chicken strips while baking! It was a great dish that required little time! Thanks for a definite return on my menu!
- 1 lb chicken tenders or 1 lb cut up chicken
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar jalapenos (with juice)
- 2 cups crumbled Ritz crackers (butter crackers)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- vegetable oil (for frying)