Prep 5 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Pretty tasty if you like jalapenos! I like to make this dish for picnics or potluck dinners and serve cold or room temperature. The cook time listed depends on how much chicken you have and how hot your oil is. I put 30 minutes because that is about how long it takes me.
- 1 lb chicken tenders or 1 lb cut up chicken
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar jalapenos (with juice)
- 2 cups crumbled Ritz crackers (butter crackers)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Marinate chicken with buttermilk and jalapenos with juice for 4-5 hours.
- Dip chicken into cracker mix to coat.
- Fry in oil in a skillet for 5-10 minutes.
This is defenitley one of my more favorite dishes here on Zaar. I used chicken breast cut into strips and marinated it for about 4 hours. I then dipped the chicken in the ritz cracker crumbs, and baked it (so it wouldnt be too fattening) at 375 for 25 minutes. I also added the jalapenos on top of the chicken strips while baking! It was a great dish that required little time! Thanks for a definite return on my menu!
We LOVED this. Really easy to make, and it was just wonderful. I love dishes like this, super easy, but a little something different. I also used chicken breasts that I cut into strips, and I also baked it, following the other reviews instructions. Can't wait to make this again.