1/1 Photo of Jalapeno, Avocado and Bacon Burgers
A recipe from Rachael Ray. This is a burger from Bar Annie resraurant in Houston. It's a half-pound patty. So feel free to do small patties ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 jalapeno chiles
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 lbs ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled or 1/2 cup feta or 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1Preheat a grill to medium and place a cast-iron skillet on top. Add the chiles and cook until softened and the skin is charred, about 10 minutes. Transfer the chiles to a bowl, cover and let cool slightly. Remove and discard the stems, skin and seeds; finely chop the chiles.
- 2Meanwhile, cook the bacon in the skillet until crisp. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat; chop the bacon.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the chopped bacon, the reserved bacon fat, the beef and half of the chiles. Form into 6 patties; season with salt and pepper.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine the queso fresco, mayonnaise, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the remaining chiles. Season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate.
- 5In another bowl, toss the avocados, cilantro, onion and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
- 6Grill the burgers, flipping once, for about 10 minutes for medium-rare. Just before the burgers are finished cooking, grill the buns until toasted, about 1 minute. Place a burger on each bun bottom, top with some of the avocado salad, drizzle with some of the queso fresco dressing and set a bun top in place.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno, Avocado and Bacon Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.0
- Calories from Fat 586
- Total Fat 65.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 167.4 mg
- Sodium 559.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: