Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A sauce we created to complement meat & veggies. Works very well with Carrot Bean Croquettes.
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces low-sugar apricot preserves
- 3⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients with a whisk in saucepan.
- Heat until boiling.
- Allow to simmer until slightly reduced and thickened.
I've been busy cooking all weekend trying new recipes for a Super Bowl party when I came upon your newly posted recipe. Using ingredients on handI let the sauce cool a bit and then poured over a block of cream cheese. Served with crackers it is really good. I used diced tomatoes and regular apricot preserves. It was very different and delicious. What a versatile sauce. Thanks.