Recipe by RepoGuysWife
This is a version of Jimmy Buffet's Macaroni that they serve at Margaritaville. Made this last night along with bbq ribs. Was a big hit. I made it as the recipe states as this was my first try. I think I will cut down the juice and up the cajun seasoning next time. It is a good and spicy macaroni and cheese. So if your looking for traditional, this is not it. If your looking for a macaroni and cheese to spice up dinner try it!
Top Review by Porfavorcorona
This has some KICK to it. It was a little spicy for us. Next time I'll leave out the jalapeno juice out. I did have to add more cheese since DH could live on cheese alone. Also I leave out the salt since the cajun seasoning had enough for us. Thanks for a new way to make mac and cheese. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup sliced jalapeno, from jar
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno juice, from jars
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta or 1 lb macaroni noodles, cooked al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan melt butter.
- Add cream cheese and mix until blended.
- Add heavy cream and whisk.
- Add jalapeño juice and whisk.
- Mix in cheddar, stirring until cheddar is completely melted.
- Add salt, Cajun seasoning and flour. Whick until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Stir in jalapenos.
- Spray loaf pan with pan coating.
- Layer bottom of pan with cooked macaroni. Cover with cheddar mixture. Add another layer of pasta and cheddar mixture. Dust top with bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until brown.